Do you have a connection for Stripe?
How can I import my Stripe transactions into TaxJar?
At this time we have an integration built to work with Stripe's Orders API that you can use to import your Stripe transactions into TaxJar.
- You can connect your Stripe account to TaxJar from the Linked Accounts page. Once you get your account connected we can download your completed orders that are recorded in Stripe using the Products and Orders functionality (sometimes this is also referred to as Stripe Relay.)
- You can also use our SmartCalcs API to calculate taxes for the Orders placed via Stripe and you can can find the documentation for this here.
What if I'm not using Stripe's Orders API?
If you're using Stripe as a payment processor for for checkout on an ecommerce platform outside of Stripe Orders, please note that our integration with Stripe will not import those transactions details into TaxJar.
- Although Stripe processes the payment, the actual order itself takes place outside of Stripe, and the data in Stripe is missing important order line item details like shipping, line item amounts and tax that is necessary for our system to accurately report your order history.
- As a result, those types of transaction details cannot be imported into TaxJar via our integration with Stripe's Orders API. (This also applies to Stripe subscriptions.)
If you're using Stripe as a payment processor for a website built on a platform that we integrate with directly, we recommend using the direct integration connection to import your cart's orders into TaxJar rather than connecting the payment processor to your TaxJar account.
- However, if you're using Stripe as a payment processor for a website built on a platform outside of our direct integrations, we instead recommend that you use the CSV import feature to get your orders into TaxJar rather than connecting the payment processor to your TaxJar account.