Magento: Sales Tax Collection for Exempt Customers
In order for sales tax to not calculate for tax-exempt customers, first confirm the following in your Magento store Admin:
- Delete any old tax tables that currently exist
- TaxJar backup for Tax-Exempt customer classes needs to be unselected.
- Make sure the customer tax class is assigned to a target customer group, for example, Retail, Wholesale, etc.
- Make sure the specific customer is properly assigned to the target customer group.
- Other settings in the customer configuration should view like this:
Once these steps have been completed, please re-sync your nexus addresses. From here, sales tax will not calculate for tax-exempt customers set up in Magento.