How do I remove backup rates for a nexus state in Magento?
Magento 1 is no longer supported. New Magento 1 account connections will no longer be supported, please use the Magento 2 integration. Learn more about this here.
To do this, click ' Edit' next to the state you would like to remove backup rates for and either:
- Uncheck the setting "API calls will return sales tax amounts to collect for this state" if you are removing rates from Magento, but still, consider this a nexus state.
- Check "No longer have nexus or need to file in this state (hide from the dashboard)" if you are no longer collecting sales tax in the state.
- Navigate to Stores -> Nexus Addresses and make sure that the nexus addresses for those states are removed
- Navigate to Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Tax and disconnect, then immediately reconnect TaxJar.
- Navigate to Stores -> Nexus Addresses and click "Sync from TaxJar"
Once this is done, all the backup rates will be removed.
- If you'd like to bring back in the rates for the states left in your nexus addresses settings, click the "Sync Backup Rates" button and you should be good to go.