Does TaxJar AutoFile amended returns?

If you're enrolled in AutoFile, our system does not support amending returns at this time. If you need to amend your sales tax return, you do need to manually file these for now.

However, you can use your TaxJar Reports to file an amended return from a previous filing period! 

  • If you need to view Reports from a previous filing period in order to file an amended return, click the "Sales Tax Report" button for the state you need to file on your TaxJar Dashboard.
  • Use the Navigational Arrows at the Top Right of the Sales Tax Report to select the past filing period you would like to view.
  • When you're ready to file your return, you'll need to enter the details from your TaxJar Report into the sales tax form at the state's e-file website.
  • We have a list of all state DOR/e-file websites here.