BigCommerce Connection Update - August 2019
In this article
What's changing in my BigCommerce connection as of August 2019?
In August 2019, per a new requirement by BigCommerce, we updated the permissions process in our BigCommerce app. When you access the TaxJar app in BigCommerce under “Apps”, we will ask you to add the following permission:
- "View and modify general store information and settings"
- Click the blue “Confirm” button to update the app permissions for TaxJar.
Important: Although we're asking for this additional permission, under no circumstances will we alter your store settings beyond passing that API token.
- Again, this is a step that is required by BigCommerce for now, though we will update if we have the ability to use a more specific permission for this in the future.
Why was this required for BigCommerce?
We have been developing a feature that will allow you to use TaxJar end-to-end in BigCommerce for sales tax calculations, in addition to Reporting and Filing.
- In order to support this update to our integration, BigCommerce will need to make requests to our API to look up the tax rates using your account's individual API token.
- This feature to enable TaxJar's calculations for your BigCommerce store is now live as of December 2019!
What else do I need to know about updating my BigCommerce permissions?
This update does not affect Reporting and filing in your TaxJar account. It simply gives us permission to set an API token for TaxJar in your BigCommerce settings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Support!