Why am I missing a Xero state export?
The Xero export function is designed to send data from TaxJar into Xero states in which sales tax was collected for completed months of the current filing period.
- At this time, we don't export data from past filing periods.
- When the monthly export runs, it only exports for the states with a filing due date in the current month.
- ❗️ Please also note that only non-negative sales tax liabilities are exported.
If a state had no sales tax collected in a month or if refunds ended up making that month's total amount of tax less than zero, that state's data will not be exported that month.
When should I run your Xero Exports?
You will receive an email at the beginning of each month prompting you to run your Xero export.
To successfully send TaxJar data to Xero, you'll need to export transactions after the last day of the filing period and prior to the due date for that filing period.
- For example, if you have a Quarterly state with a filing period that ends on March 31st and a filing due date of April 20th, you'll need to export to Xero after the filing period closes on March 31st, 2018 but prior to the filing due date of April 20th, 2018.
Your Xero export will include the sales tax for the states currently listed on your TaxJar Dashboard.
Why don't I see the "Export now" button?
It's possible that the data in Xero is different from what our integration is expecting, and that is causing this error. You should check Xero to see if any of the following information has been manually edited in Xero:
- Renaming an Account to something different than "Sales Tax - FL" (for whichever state)
- Changing the Account's type from "Liability" to "Current Liability"
If either of these changes has been made, you will need to change them back for the exports from TaxJar to work properly.
- If these changes have not been made in Xero, please reach out to us at email@example.com