Walmart OAuth Update
Walmart requires all sellers to update their API connections to Solution Providers (such as TaxJar) with OAuth credentials.
If your Walmart account has been connected to your TaxJar account for longer than 1 year, you may need to update to the OAuth connection. Walmart can invalidate connections which require you to reconnect and reauthorize your account connections. .
If Walmart takes this step, then TaxJar will not be able to import your Walmart transactions unless you update to the new connection method.
How to update your Walmart OAuth credentials:
** Please note, if your Walmart connection is currently linked in your TaxJar, please do not unlink first. You are creating a new additional Walmart connection and should only unlink the former Walmart account after the new connection is established in your Linked Accounts.
1) Login to your Walmart Developer Account.
2) Navigate to 'Delegate Access' then 'Delegating access to Solution Providers.'
3) Select TaxJar from the dropdown list of 'Solution Providers supported by Walmart' and click 'Add Provider.'
- In the Order Management column, select 'View Only' access for Orders and Returns for TaxJar from the dropdown menu.
5) Click 'API Key' in the last column on the right for the TaxJar row to access your API Key.
4) Visit your Linked Accounts page in TaxJar and enter your Client ID and Client Secret (the API Key) in the corresponding fields and click the green Save & Continue button to connect Walmart.
- Important: You'll need to remember the last 5 characters of your Client ID.
5. After this new connection is connected in your Linked Accounts page, please unlink the former Walmart connection.
- You can determine which to Linked Account connection to keep by using the last 5 characters of the Client ID from the new connection as noted in Step 4.