Walmart OAuth Update
Beginning May 15, 2019, Walmart requires all sellers to update their API connections to Solution Providers (such as TaxJar) with OAuth credentials.
- Walmart has more detail about this update here.
If you connected your Walmart account to your TaxJar account prior to May 15, 2019, you'll need to update to the OAuth connection by August 28, 2019, which is when Walmart will permanently invalidate connections that were made before May 15, 2019.
- Once Walmart takes this step on August 28, 2019 TaxJar will not be able to import your Walmart transactions until you update to the new connection method by following the steps below:
2) Navigate to 'Delegate Access' then 'Delegating access to Solution Providers.'
3) Select TaxJar from the dropdown list of 'Solution Providers supported by Walmart' and click 'Add Provider.'
- In the Order Management column, select 'View Only' access for Orders and Returns for TaxJar from the dropdown menu.
- Click 'API Key' in the last column on the right for the TaxJar row to access your API Key.
4) Visit your Linked Accounts page in TaxJar and enter your Client ID and Client Secret (the API Key) in the corresponding fields and click the green Save & Continue button to connect Walmart.