Pennsylvania: What is my Entity ID and Entity ID Type?

When you register for a Pennsylvania sales tax license, the state allows you to register your entity using one of the following types of ID numbers:

  • Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
  • Social Security Number (SSN)

When you enroll in AutoFile for Pennsylvania, you'll need to provide:

  1. The ID number that is connected to your entity's registration
  2. The type of ID number you used to register your entity from this list above.
  • If you're not sure of this detail for your account, you can verify this information by contacting the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. (We list contact details for the states here.)