Connecticut: What is my State User ID and State Password?
The Connecticut State User ID and State Password:
These are the details used to login to your efile account at the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services' Taxpayer Service Center website.
- When you visit this site, the first step of logging in is to enter your State Tax ID (your Connecticut Tax Registration Number; also known as the CT REG)
- This should be your Sales and Use Tax account number and not a tax ID associated with other types of tax accounts with the state of Connecticut.
After you enter your CT REG, the next screen asks for your User ID and Password:
- These are login details that you would have set up to access this site previously.
- If you don't remember these details, you can click the "Forgot User ID/Forgot Password" link and follow the steps to have the state reset your login credentials.
- User ID = State User ID in the Connecticut AutoFile enrollment form
- Password = State Password in the Connecticut AutoFile enrollment form
- Again, this should be the login associated with your Sales and Use Tax account number and not the login associated with other types of tax accounts with the state of Connecticut.