New Pricing FAQ - July 1, 2015
Why is the pricing changing?
As we all know, the world of sales tax is complex. From our perspective at TaxJar, it takes a lot of moving parts to keep sales tax compliance simple for thousands of paying customers (and we’re adding more every day). For us, if we want to provide the absolute best sales tax automation product available, we had to reevaluate how we price TaxJar.
When does the new pricing take effect for me?
- If you are a current customer paying monthly, your monthly pricing changes January 1, 2016, when you’ll be automatically switched over to the new pricing.
- If you are a current customer paying annually and your annual subscription expires before 12/31/15, you will be able to renew at the current pricing. New pricing will go into effect in 2016 when your account renews.
- If you are in a 30-day free trial on July 1 and decide to upgrade to a paid subscription, this new pricing will not affect you yet. Your rates will not change until January 1, 2016.
- If you sign up for free trial on or after July 1, 2015 and decide to upgrade to a paid subscription, you will pay the new, updated pricing.
What is the new pricing?
Starting July 1, 2015, TaxJar's pricing for new customers is:
- Basic Plan – Up to 1k Transactions - $19/month
- Plus Plan – up to 5k Transactions - $49/month
- Professional Plan – up to 10k Transactions - $99/month
- Enterprise I – up to 50k Transactions - $199/month
- Enterprise II – up to 200k Transactions - $499/month
- Enterprise III – up to 500k Transactions - $999/month.
Note for Current Annual Plan Customers: If you already pay annually and your annual subscription expires before December 31, 2015, you can choose to renew before January 1st, 2016 and lock in your annual rate for the next year.
How does this affect my billing if I have Overage Fees?
If you are on a monthly or annual subscription at the previous rates, Overage fees will be billed at the previous rates through January 2016.
From January 2016 and forward, Overage fees will be billed according to the rates of the new plans, even if you are on a monthly or annual subscription at the previous rates.
How does this affect my account if it is Delinquent*?
If you are a current customer or trial customer as of July 1, 2015 and for some reason your account should become delinquent, be sure to update your credit card information within 7 days after we attempt to process your billing. Otherwise, you will be put on a new pricing plan right.
*Delinquency can occur when your credit card expires or is cancelled, or, if you are on a Taxjar trial, because you haven’t added your credit card information at the time your trial expires.